Monday, December 31, 2007

It’s New Year’s Eve. Tonight at midnight we’re ringing out the old and ringing in the new. I’m not too clear on the ringing part, but I do like the new. We’ll have a fresh year filled to the brim with potential, just in time to make a new start or two. My Humans refer to these as resolutions. Like anyone committed to self improvement, I made some. A few of these may be challenging to keep, but my new middle name for this year is Determination. Pinky D. Lee. I made two lists of resolutions. My first list is aimed at my goal for Longevity (that is, to live to be as insanely old as my Humans are).

1. I will chew my food with slow enjoyment and let the others finish their meal before I dispose of the leftovers. (This will help keep me svelte and slinky.)
2. I will take my yoga practice more seriously (which will lead me to the serene and centered life of perfection to which I aspire.)
3. Beef and Liver Feast is Out. Grilled Ocean Whitefish is In. (Everyone knows red meat is Bad and fish is Good.)
4. Sunscreen is a must at all times while sunbathing (if one wants to have perfect skin in one’s antiquity).

My second list is a purely philanthropic one. I’d like 2008 to be a kinder and gentler year, and I plan to do my part.

1. I will not chase, tackle, or bite the Princess, no matter how incredibly annoying she is.
2. I will share my blankie with him if he really, really needs it.
3. I will treat my bath attendants kindly and refrain from scratching or biting them when they lather up my tail.

This may seem like a very ambitious list, but I’ve started already! For example, tonight I much preferred my Humans’ roast chicken dinner to our Beef Feast with Gravy. Even the red potatoes with butter were quite acceptable. Mezzo-mezzo on the steamed green beans, but healthiness can take some time to adjust to. Oh, I’m just in time to see the local fireworks from the bedroom window. TTFN!

No comments: