Saturday, January 12, 2008


I went for my annual physical exam today. I got to ride in my sedan chair, which is much larger and more luxurious than her sedan chair. My Humans lined it with a fluffy cushion and sprayed the inside with a special relaxing aromatherapy scent. Everyone at the doctor’s office knows me, and they were all very happy to see me again. The doctor’s office is stylishly decorated, but those fashionable stainless steel exam tables are quite chilly to sit on. I got a shot and had my blood drawn for routine tests. Overall, I am in perfect health! Except that my doctor says I have gained weight and am too plump. I don’t see that myself, but he is the doctor. He put me on a special diet—the Catkins diet! This means I will need to consume more chicken and beef and fish, eating only the most superior of proteins available. I will be compelled to dine on more canned food and have fewer kibbles, which are loaded with carbs. At the very least, I will feel it my duty to eat bacon at every meal. On a diet like this, I will be my slender self again in no time! I guess going to the doctor can have its advantages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fear not, Pinky D! The holidays were tough on all of us. Even Mattie May needs to lose a few pounds.